Thursday, 11 June 2015
Louis De Jaeger, Chilliwack Métis Businessman looking to take Fraser-Hope for the Liberals.
Louis De Jaeger is a member a member of the Métis Chilliwack Association of Scottish-Cree ancestry who traces family lineage to John Norquay the first Métis Premier of Manitoba. Louis is the federal Liberal candidate for the riding of Chilliwack-Hope.
Experience and Accomplishments:
- - Louis a businessman who has thirty-give year background working in the hospitality industry, he is the owner of the Bravo Restaurant and Lounge in Chilliwack.
- - He has worked with various levels of government including federal, provincial, municipal and First Nation.
- - He’s community leadership includes a Board Member for the Stó:lō Community Futures and Chilliwack Business Improvement Association.
- Louis achievements include 2011 winner of the Outstanding Achievement BC Aboriginal Business of the Year; fourth time winner dinning excellence award from the Chilliwack chamber of Commerce; and sixth time winner of the Vancouver Playhouse International Wine Festival.
CLICK TO ENLARGE
- - Chilliwack-Hope is a new riding that is compromised from a portion of the larger previous riding of Chilliwack-Fraser Canyon in the south-west interior of British Columbia. The riding has an Aboriginal population of 8,355 or 9.5% of total riding population (2011). The riding includes several Stó:lō First Nations including Cheam, Skwah, Skowkale, Tzeachten and Soowahlie First Nations.
- - The current Member of Parliament for Chilliwack-Fraser Canyon is Conservative Mark Strahl who is the Parliamentry Secretary to the Minister of Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development and sits as a member of the AAND Standing Committee. He is the son of former Minister Indian Affairs Chuck Strahl. Mark is the Conservative party candidate for Chilliwack-Hope.
Candidates for Chilliwack-Hope
Mark Strahl, Conservative
Seonaigh MacPherson, NDP
Thomas Cheney, Green Party
Alexander Johnson, Libertarian Party